Bayside Mini Rugby 2018 Season Kicking Off
Season Opening day is this Sunday January 28, 2018
9:30am start on SSAP fields 1 &2 (Rugby Fields)
Bring a buddy… and receive a Bayside water bottle
We are currently awaiting the release of the final construction drawings and the quantity survey. The drawings should be released any day now. Once they have been released a final quantity survey indicating the project costs will be completed.
As we wait the drawings, we have reaffirmed interest from all our sponsors that would like to be involved in the project. The sponsorship provides a significant contribution from Bayside Athletic Association to the project.
Current interested partners include:
• Gallagher Bros. Contracting
• Eagle West Cranes
• RnB Masonry
• B&B Contracting
• Tyler Pargee
• NorthStone Excavation
• Arc & Spark
• Dan Houde
We continue to pursue further sponsors for our Club house. We are looking for sponsors or donors of labour and material in regards to wood framing, concrete, sprinkler systems, plumbing, lighting, and various fixtures. If you are aware of anyone interested in providing assistance please have them contact me, Stephen Black, email@example.com or Jonathan Boughen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be holding a meeting in early January 2017 to explain the donation program and the criteria outlined by the City of Surrey. We will notify all confirmed interested parties as soon as a selected date has been confirmed.
Future issues to be addressed:
• Clubhouse room project/steering committee
• Interior designer
• Bayside Athletic Association Field House Committee/Board of Directors
The Bayside Christmas Party will be held at the South Surrey Rotary Field House
Saturday, Dec 10th at 7:30pm
Include appetizers and a drink (with a donation for the food bank)
There will be an ugly sweater contest, Christmas carnival games and prizes!
Tickets available now and at the door
Registration for the 2016-17 is now open – Cost is $250.00 for Juniors and $300 for Senior Men and Women Open: https://rcmembers.sportngin.com/register/form/042281553
Only 2 weeks until Bayside’s Coed Summer Touch Rugby kicks off! Register online www.baysiderfc.com
Help spread the word… It’s a great affordable opportunity to keep skills up, learn some new ones and have some fun over summer (9 weeks). High Schools (All Grades), Elementary Schools (Grades 4-7), current PRC groups, other sports teams, community groups…etc. Looking to build on the programs huge success last year.
We are looking for a few more Thursday night Adult Competitive teams to round out the competition for the $1500 purse money. Boston Pizza has upped the anti by offering the top team from each Thursday night a jug of beer on them.
Nominations are being accepted for the following
Please forward nominations prior to April 25, 2016 to:
Elections will be held at Annual General Meeting on April 26, 2016 at the South Surrey Rotary Field House
The Bayside Senior Men and Women Awards night is scheduled for Sat May 14th at the Elks Hall (1469 George Street, White Rock, BC).
Doors open 6.30pm
Dinner at 7pm
Tickets will be $30.00 in advance.
SOBs will be joining in the celebrations again with the Bayside Senior Men’s and Women’s teams
Bayside Coed Summer Touch Rugby – July 5-Sept 1
Tuesday’ s for Minis & Juniors Coed (U10-U17) – July 5th 6:30-8:00
Wednesdays for Alumni & Social Coed – July 6th 6:30-8:30
Thursdays Adult Coed (17 +) – July 7th 6:30-8:30
Location: SSAP Field #3 (New Turf Field)
Mini / Junior Coed – Andrew Fiddis email@example.com
Alumni / Social Coed – Garnet Syberg-Olsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Coed – Dave Roodbol email@example.com
Coastal Floors Direct, Allegra Printing, Prestige Contracting, Griff Building Supplies, DHX Media, Jimmy Flynn’s Celtic Snug, Dr. Mike Mittermaier
We are currently working with the City Parks, Recreation and Culture staff on a redesign of the current plans. The 2nd Architect, ThinkSpace, commissioned by the City did a redraft of the drawings. The City has pointed out a few of the changes for our review. They are as follows:
1) Public washrooms removed from north side/top storey. A single, unisex, handicap accessible washroom would instead be developed underneath the space created by the stairway at the south end of the building. When we looked at players having washrooms and guests attending functions at the club room having washrooms, we decided to just provide one washroom. We would prefer to provide more but the budget has to be considered so that was dropped.
2) Dropping the washrooms allowed for a building access on the north side/second storey as long as the kitchen was moved. This allowed us to drop the balcony which was really running up costs. It also solves the issue of viewing through railings etc. Now a large bank of windows which would be much less expensive than the doors, balcony and railing.
3) Kitchen was moved to southwest corner. We did this knowing you need a service window and the club feels the south entrance is the most frequently used. The kitchen can be moved again but there needs to be a public entrance/fire exit on the north and south side of the building along with fire exit on west.
4) All of this allowed us to modify the ramp and avoid some costly retaining walls. It also allows the interface with the existing baseball building to be easier to construct.
We do have concerns about the public washrooms being significantly downsized. These washrooms were a major request in our requirements for the club house.
The City has also asked us to review our cash contribution. They are mindful we have met our financial obligation, but would like us to consider adding to our contribution. Additional funds are required due to the drawings and cost survey provided by the new architect and the delays in starting the project.
We have continuously expressed our concerns regarding the delay in starting the construction of the project. We have reminded the City staff they told our membership the project would start in Sep/15.
If you would like express your concerns and assist in putting pressure on the City to begin the project, please feel free to contact the Mayor and any or all of the following City Councillors:
Mayor Linda Hepner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillor Tom Gill: TSGill@Surrey.ca
Councillor Bruce Hayne: BruceHayne@Surrey.ca
Councillor Vera LeFranc: Vera.LeFranc@surrey.ca
Councillor Mary Martin: MMartin@surrey.ca
Councillor Mike Starchuk: Mike.Starchuk@surrey.ca
Councillor Barbara Steele: HBSteele@Surrey.ca
Councillor Judy Villeneuve: JAVilleneuve@Surrey.ca
Councillor Dave Woods: Dave.Woods@surrey.ca