Bayside Rugby Football Club is currently looking for a Kitchen Manager to head kitchen operations in the clubhouse
The Bayside Athletic Association Kitchen Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Bayside Athletic Association Kitchen and Catering Services. They are involved in hosting and food catering of events for the various sections of the Bayside Athletic Association. They will ensure the financial sustainability of the Bayside Athletic Association Kitchen.
The Clubhouse Manager must monitor the conduct of the kitchen staff in a manner that does not result in a negative impact on the Bayside Athletic Association, and addresses the culinary requirements of the Bayside Athletic Association membership, sponsors and guests.
Reports directly to the Bayside Athletic Association Clubhouse Manager.
- Manage the overall operation of the Bayside Athletic Association Kitchen
- Responsible for the catering requirements of hosted events
- Oversees kitchen processes and service
- Communicate with the Bayside Athletic Association Clubhouse Manager regarding Bayside Athletic Association Clubhouse events
Primary Task Specific Responsibilities:
- Manages kitchen staff
- Ensures appropriate nutritional and culinary needs of membership, sponsors and guests are met.
- Monitors food costs for positive financial success
- Orders and maintains an appropriate food inventory
- Involved in creating a top class environment for event hosting
- Involved in the development and implementation of kitchen operating policies and procedures
- Maintains and ensures proper sanitization and cleanliness of kitchen
- Ensures permits and licenses are up to date and renewed as required
Additional related tasks with assistance from Clubhouse Manager
- Involved in the recruitment and training of staff
- Ensures professional conduct and appearance of kitchen staff
- Demonstrates leadership and management skills with the ability to work within a volunteer environment
- Well organized
- Event planning experience an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills: verbal, written, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prepare and implement strategic plans and goals
- Food Safe certificate
- Red Seal certificate an asset
- Knowledge of food permits and regulations
- Catering knowledge and experience
Please forward cover letter and resume by February 28, 2022 to