Bayside Junior Rugby (Grades 7-12) registration for the fall 2022 season is OPEN. Join the Game…Sign up today! Full program details are available online. https://baysiderfc.com/junior-rugby/
Summer Touch Rugby Registration is Finally OPEN
July 5 – August 11 (Free program)
Bayside RFC is excited to roll out its Touch Rugby League for Summer 2022. The Summer Touch Rugby League will offer players of all skill levels and genders a fast-paced game of touch rugby to develop skills, build on fitness and continue to evolve as Rugby Players.
This isn’t just a game of touch before practice. The program will use international touch rules and feature set teams, rolling subs, and everything else a proper league should have!
The mission of this program is to:
– To include all skill levels, ages, and genders opportunities to play alongside each other.
– To attract new players (touch or contact), social members, and supporters and build a rugby community of fun, fitness, and friendship.
– To offer a proper touch rugby product that is more than just a pre-practice warmup game
– To foster the values and camaraderie that rugby is synonymous with a non-contact, safe, and fun version of the sport.
– To reunite old friends, and make new ones!
Registration is FINALLY Open – Free Program
- Summer touch Rugby offered at Bayside RFC fields at South Surrey AthleticPark fields 1&2: July 5th – Aug 11th (Nights)
- JUNIOR BOYS / GIRLS Touch Rugby League;
Starts Tuesday, July 5th
Recommended for Grades 7-9, Grades 10-12: TUESDAYS *6:30-7:30 pm on Grass
- COED COMPETITIVE Touch Rugby League:
Starts Thursday, July 7th
Recommended for Ages 17+ THURSDAYS 7:30-8:30 pm on SSAP Grass #1&2
- COED SOCIAL incl Masters and Newbies Touch Rugby League:
Starts Thursday, July 7th
Recommended for Ages 17+ – THURSDAYS 6:30-7:30 pm on Grass
- JUNIOR BOYS / GIRLS Touch Rugby League;
Register for Summer Touch Rugby:
Complete the following registration form. This program is now free to participate:
The PRCs are back this year! The 2022 Pacific Regional Championships is a regional rugby championship tournament hosted at UBC over the July long weekend (July 1, 2, 3). Bayside, Britt Lions, and Richmond RFC clubs make up the Vancouver Rugby Unions, Vancouver South Region. The VRU Van South Teams will be made up of 3 Boys and 3 Girls teams competing in U14 (Grade 7-8), U16 (Grade 9-10), and U18 (Grade 11-12) age grade categories. Please note the PRC tournament is open to all players…not just Club players.
The VRU Van South teams will be conducting tryouts and players will be selected to play on the teams. All players will need to come to the selection tryouts/practices prepared and focused on competing to be selected for the various teams. The start-up and practice dates for each team along with several other details are located on the attached poster. Further info and link to Pre-Register: PRC pre-registration (Free to register and tryout)
- Summer Rugby offered at Bayside: June 22nd – Sept 2nd
- Minis Coed Touch Rugby: Grades K-7 – Tues 6-7pm on Grass – $50 for new players ($35 for players returning from Fall session)
- Junior Girls Touch Rugby League: Grades 8-9, Grades 10-11 – Tues *7-8pm on SSAP Grass #1&2 – $70 for new players ($55 for players returning from Fall session)
- SOLD OUT – Coed Touch Rugby League: (Recommended Ages 17-34) – Thurs 7-8pm on SSAP Grass #1&2 – $75 for new players ($60 for players returning from the Fall session)
- SOLD OUT – Coed Masters and Newbies Touch Rugby League: (Recommended Ages 35+) – Thurs 6-7pm on Grass – $75 for new players ($60 for players returning from the Fall session)
- *Junior Boys: Grades 8-11- offered a 3 day training camp Wednesdays’ June 23-July 7th 6-7pm on Grass fields *(No touch league offered for Junior Boys at this time) $25 for New players ($10 for players returning from the fall session)
- IMPORTANT: for players returning from our Fall program – after selecting the program you wish to sign up for and selecting next, you will be asked to login. Once you login, you will need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the RED “Add/Renew” button. Do not click on “Upgrade / Reactivate” – you are not upgrading or reactivating your profile. If your subtotal charge shows less than $10 you have incorrectly completed the registration. You will not be insured and we will not be able to enter you onto a team. Please return to the start and redo. Don’t click the “Upgrade / Reactivate” button…
- Updated Final league times & schedules will be posted as team numbers & registrations are finalized. Times are subject to changes due to demand.
- To register – Go to http://reg.sportlomo.com/rugbycanada – Follow the instructions to register. Choose BC as Province and then choose Club “Bayside”. Select the product you wish to register for. Click Register. Create a new account if new to rugby…or… Login if you’re a returning player (Once you login, you will need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the red “Add/Renew” button). You will receive an automatic email confirmation once registration is completed successfully.
Bayside Athletic Associations Field House Lottery has Launched… We need your help!
This Lottery is STACKED with 30 amazing prizes worth over $40,000 including fishing trips, golf packages, a race car experience, local artists work, and much more so if you’re into golf you can also Shop Indoor Golf equipment to play in your vacations. Also, taking about what is an albatross in golf and other tips to improve your experience. All this to help us raise funds to build the Bayside Community Field House. Plus, there’s a 50/50 draw with 29,000 tickets available for purchase…This is going to be BIG! Click the following link to check it out: Bayside Feld House Lottery
We need your help… with spreading the word… please SHARE this with your friends, family, work, Facebook…etc
100% of all proceeds go directly to building the Bayside Community Field House. Draw dates and conditions are detailed on the Lottery website. Must be a resident of BC and over 19 years of age to play
Bayside Athletic Association Lottery scores a win with 30+ awesome prizes!
*Tickets are on sale Starting April 14th; early-bird draw June 1Bayside Lottery Link
From a fishing trip to Langara Lodge to Canucks hockey, with 30-plus items to be won, the Bayside Sharks have compiled an amazing line-up of lottery prizes, collectively valued at about $40,000!
“The community has really come together and has supported us as we create these amazing prize packages for the lottery,” says Bayside’s Andrew Fiddis. “We have artists, local restaurants and lots more which you can view more here, all valued at about $50 and up. There’s also a 50/50 ticket draw.”
The lottery kicked off at Sunday’s mini-rugby jamboree, and will be key to helping Bayside reach its fundraising goals for the planned fieldhouse at South Surrey Athletic Park.
The early-bird draw – a $12,000 prize package to Haida Gwaii’s Peregrine Lodge – will happen June 1 at the Bayside Social, before the fundraiser wraps up Aug. 10 during the annual Bayside 7s.
The Community Vision
Working with the city on the project, the fieldhouse will provide Bayside with a home and add valuable amenities for the community.
Bayside has made $600,000 in in-kind contributions so far toward the $2.3-million project. The 7,000+ sq.ft. building will offer meeting and event space for up to 150 people, a kitchen, serving area, office, washrooms and more, with changerooms and washrooms downstairs.
Since Bayside was moved to its current fields, they’ve made do with no amenities. “We’ll have hundreds of people out playing and watching and there are no washrooms,” Fiddis says.
“This will be a community fieldhouse similar to the Rotary Fieldhouse (across 20th Avenue),” which Bayside also contributed to.
A leader among BC rugby, Bayside has about 400 members, from players in kindergarten to those in their 70s who’ve spent their life with the sport, on and off the pitch.
The inclusiveness of rugby resonates with players and fans alike, not to mention Bayside’s own commitment to giving back. “There’s a spot for everybody on the field. It’s a very inclusive game with a culture of respect for your opponent – you battle hard on the field but you host them afterward and break bread together,” Fiddis explains.
Bayside boasts one of BC’s largest mini-rugby programs and through its “Adopt a Shark” initiative, provides families in need with everything a youngster needs to play. Men’s and women’s coaches also support programs in local schools and most recently, the club came together to help send 13 girls to rugby powerhouse New Zealand for a 7s tournament, where they won it all!
Get your tickets today!
Anyone in BC aged 19 and above can participate in Bayside’s lottery. Purchase tickets online at https://baysiderfc.rafflenexus.com and watch for club members out at local businesses leading up to the draw.
Congratulations to our Bayside Junior Girls who recently traveled over Spring Break to New Zealand to compete in the North Island High School Sevens Championships
The tour left for NZ on March 17, with a full schedule of rugby and cultural experiences lined up.
The team consisted of 13 players, 9 from EMS, 1 from Elgin and 3 from the Abbotsford area. Players from Oakleigh Grammar were also supposed to participate but could not make it at the last moment.
Upon arrival, the girls were straight into action with a two hour training run to get the cobwebs out after the long 14 hour journey. Following this was a dinner at the Ponsonby Rugby Club- home to many current and past All Blacks and Black Ferns.
After a couple days of activities, the team was given the opportunity to train with the Auckland Rugby Academy. The coaches rated the girls very highly – an 8/10!
Friday night under the lights at Eden park to watch the Blues Vs Highlanders in a Super Rugby match. Great experience!!
The team then shifted their base of operations to the Bay of Plenty. Along the way many more cultural experiences were taken in. Once in Mount Maunganui it was time to get to Business.. First thing was to train with the current Black Ferns 7’s coach along with some of his players. This was an absolute privilege and thrill for the girls! They got to meet their heros and see first hand the pursuit of excellence.
Tournament day arrives…Nervous tension in the air!
Game 1 Vs Cambridge College – Win 22-0
Game 2 Vs John Paul College – Win 41-0
Game 3 Vs Outumotei College – Win 37-5
Semi-Final: Vs Inglewood – Win 35-0
Final: Vs Trident College – Win 25-5
Two player named to the tournament team as selected by Black Ferns players and Coaches; Robyn Alexander and Madi Makara
The team was led by Rachel Smith , who as always set the tone on how they would play! Every girl did the community and their club/ schools proud.
Katie Des Lauriers
Alisha Jeys -Morrison
Hello Bayside, Semiahmoo Old Boys and Local Rugby Community…
The tickets for the Vancouver Sevens are going fast and we noticed that quite a few club members have not purchased their tickets yet – we don’t want you to miss out on this great rugby event!
We have secured the entire sections 237 & 238 reserved seats in BC Place for the 2019 HSBC Canada Sevens Rugby Tournament March 9th & 10th. These are reserved 2 day passes – sorry, no single days available. Please see attached details on how to order from each of the Bayside Divisions and the Semiahmoo Old Boys…
Bayside & Semiahmoo Old Boys Present 2019 Canada Sevens Raffle…
Rugby Sevens Weekend for 2 Downtown
55inch Large Screen TV
The annual Bayside & Semiahmoo Old Boys Canada Sevens Raffle is back…WIN a Rugby Sevens Weekend for two staying in the luxury of Rosewood Hotel including a pair of weekend passes to the HSBC Canada Sevens or a 55” Large Screen TV…
Tickets are $10 each with all proceeds going directly back to the Division that sells you the ticket. Draw date is Monday Nov 19th, 2018 at 7:00pm. Each Division is supplied with a book of 10 raffle tickets for each member. See your Divisional Director for tickets…
Fish Sale…ends this Wednesday…
The Bayside Seafood Sale ends this Wednesday Oct 3rd! This is a great deal…Open to anyone… Please reference the attached order form for all the details including prices, payment options, and the very important pick up details. Geoff Cutler is organizing the sale – his contact details are on the form attached. Thanks in advance for your support…