Bayside Summer Touch Rugby
Registration Opening Late May
July 7 – August 11
Bayside RFC is excited to roll out its Touch Rugby League for Summer 2022. The Summer Touch Rugby League will offer players of all skill levels and genders a fast-paced game of touch rugby to develop skills, build on fitness and continue to evolve as Rugby Players.
This isn’t just a game of touch before practice. The program will use international touch rules and feature set teams, rolling subs, and everything else a proper league should have!
The mission of this program is to:
– To include all skill levels, ages, and genders opportunities to play alongside each other.
– To attract new players (touch or contact), social members, and supporters and build a rugby community of fun, fitness, and friendship.
– To offer a proper touch rugby product that is more than just a pre-practice warmup game
– To foster the values and camaraderie that rugby is synonymous with a non-contact, safe, and fun version of the sport.
– To reunite old friends, and make new ones!
Registration Open Late May!
- Summer touch Rugby offered at Bayside RFC fields at South Surrey AthleticPark fields 1&2: July 7th – Aug 11th (Thursday Nights)
- Junior Girls / Boys Touch Rugby Leagues; Grades 7-9, Grades 10-12 – Thur *7:30-8:30 pm on Grass – $30/player
- Coed Touch Rugby League (Recommended Ages 17-34) – Thurs 7:30-8:30 pm on SSAP Grass #1&2 – $30/player
- Coed Masters and Newbies Touch Rugby League (Recommended Ages 35+) – Thurs 6:30-7:30 pm on Grass – $30/player
- **IMPORTANT**: “When registration opens…” for players returning from our Fall & Spring programs – after selecting the program you wish to sign up for and selecting next, you will be asked to log in. Once you log in, you will need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the RED “Add/Renew” button. Do not click on “Upgrade / Reactivate” – you are not upgrading or reactivating your profile. If your subtotal charge shows less than $10 you have incorrectly completed the registration. You will not be insured and we will not be able to enter you onto a team. Please return to the start and redo. Don’t click the “Upgrade / Reactivate” button…
- Updated Final league times & schedules will be posted as team numbers & registrations are finalized. Times are subject to changes due to demand.
- To register – Go to http://reg.sportlomo.com/rugbycanada – Follow the instructions to register. Choose BC as Province and then choose Club “Bayside”. Select the product you wish to register for. Click Register. Create a new account if new to rugby…or… Login if you’re a returning player (Once you log in, you will need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the red “Add/Renew” button). You will receive an automatic email confirmation once registration is completed successfully.
- Select Province “British Columbia”
- Click on the club “Bayside RFC”
- Select the appropriate Touch Rugby League you wish to register for. *Youth registrants must select their age category regardless of what league they may be placed in. Coaches assemble youth players on all teams to provide structure and balance and an appropriate league of play.
- Press the “Register” button at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions; Login if you are a previous Bayside RFC member or create a “new account” if you are new to Bayside RFC.
- You will receive a confirmation email with further program details once your registration(s) have been completed successfully.
- All players are placed on teams. All players need to register individually as outlined above. Teams do not have a max number of players. Max of 4 teams in each league. If a team has less than 12 players there may be players added to balance numbers. Bayside reserves the right to balance teams.
- *Updated Final league times & schedules will be posted as final team numbers are finalized. Times are subject to changes due to demand.