Bayside Summer Touch Rugby Registration Now OPEN!
June 22nd – Sept 2nd
Bayside RFC is excited to roll out its Touch Rugby League for Summer 2021. The Summer Touch Rugby League will offer players of all skill levels and genders a fast-paced game of touch rugby to develop skills, build on fitness and continue to evolve as Rugby Players. The program has been developed in conjunction with BC Rugby to build in current Covid-19 safety protocols to ensure a safe environment.
This isn’t just a game of touch before practice. The program will use international touch rules and feature set teams, rolling subs, and everything else a proper league should have!
The mission of this program is to:
– include all skill levels, ages and genders opportunities to play alongside each other.
– attract new players (touch or contact), social members, supporters and build a rugby community of fun, fitness and friendship.
– to offer a proper touch rugby product that is more than just a pre-practice warmup game
– to foster the values and camaraderie that rugby is synonymous for in a non-contact, safe and fun version of the sport.
– to reunite old friends, and make new ones!
Registration Now OPEN!
- Summer Rugby offered at Bayside: June 22nd – Sept 2nd
- Minis Coed Touch Rugby; Grades K-7 – Tues 6-7pm on Grass – $50 for new players ($35 for players returning from Fall session)
- Junior Girls Touch Rugby League; Grades 8-9, Grades 10-11 – Tues *7-8pm on SSAP Grass #1&2 – $70 for new players ($55 for players returning from Fall session)
- Coed Touch Rugby League (Recommended Ages 17-34) – Thurs 7-8pm on SSAP Grass #1&2 – $75 for new players ($60 for players returning from the Fall session)
- Coed Masters and Newbies Touch Rugby League (Recommended Ages 35+) – Thurs 6-7pm on Grass – $75 for new players ($60 for players returning from the Fall session)
- *Junior Boys – Grades 8-11- offered a 3 day training camp Wednesdays’ June 23-July 7th 6-7pm on Grass fields *(No touch league offered for Junior Boys at this time) $25 for New players ($10 for players returning from the fall session)
- IMPORTANT: for players returning from our Fall program – after selecting the program you wish to sign up for and selecting next, you will be asked to login. Once you login, you will need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the RED “Add/Renew” button. Do not click on “Upgrade / Reactivate” – you are not upgrading or reactivating your profile. If your subtotal charge shows less than $10 you have incorrectly completed the registration. You will not be insured and we will not be able to enter you onto a team. Please return to the start and redo. Don’t click the “Upgrade / Reactivate” button…
- Updated Final league times & schedules will be posted as team numbers & registrations are finalized. Times are subject to changes due to demand.
- To register – Go to http://reg.sportlomo.com/rugbycanada – Follow the instructions to register. Choose BC as Province and then choose Club “Bayside”. Select the product you wish to register for. Click Register. Create a new account if new to rugby…or… Login if you’re a returning player (Once you login, you will need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the red “Add/Renew” button). You will receive an automatic email confirmation once registration is completed successfully.
- Select Province “British Columbia”
- Click on club “Bayside RFC”
- Select the appropriate Touch Rugby League you wish to register for. *Youth registrants must select their age category regardless of what league they may be placed in. Coaches assemble youth players on all teams to provide structure and balance and appropriate league of play.
- Press the “Register” button at the bottom of page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions; Login if you are a previous Bayside RFC member or create a “new account” if you are new to Bayside RFC.
- You will receive a confirmation email with further program details once your registration(s) have completed successfully.
- All players are placed on teams. All players need to register individually as outlined above. Teams are max 12 players each with a max of 4 teams in each league. If a team has less than 12 players there may be players added to balance numbers. Bayside reserves the right to balance teams.
- *Updated Final league times & schedules will be posted as final team numbers are finalized. Times are subject to changes due to demand.
- This fully sanctioned program is required to follow Phase 3 Covid Government protocols. Measures and processes are in place for players and volunteer safety. Adherence to these protocols is required in order to participate.