Bayside Fall Touch Rugby – 2020
Bayside RFC is excited to roll out a new league for 2020. The Fall Touch League will offer players of all ages, skill levels and genders a fast-paced game of rugby to develop skills, build on fitness and continue to evolve as Rugby players. The program has been developed in conjunction with BC Rugby to build in Covid-19 safety protocols to ensure a safe environment.
This isn’t just a game of touch before practice – The program will use international touch rules and feature set teams, rolling subs, standings, and everything else a proper league should have!
The mission of this program is to:
– include all skill levels, ages and genders opportunities to play alongside each other.
– offering beginner (brand new to rugby) to intermediate (social) to competitive (elite) levels.
– attract new players (touch or contact), social members, supporters and build a rugby community of fun, fitness and friendship.
– to offer a proper touch rugby product that is more than just a pre-practice warmup game
– to foster the values and camaraderie that rugby is synonymous for in a non contact, safe and fun version of the sport.
– to create an annual 4 month window for touch rugby in warmer weather, longer days and when there’s fewer distractions from other sports
– to play weeknights after work and leave weekends free to enjoy the best of BC
– to reunite old friends, and make new ones!
Register for Bayside Touch Rugby League:
- Select Province “British Columbia”
- Click on club “Bayside RFC”
- Select the appropriate Touch Rugby League you wish to register for. *Youth registrants must select their age category regardless of what league they may be placed in. Coaches assemble youth players on all teams to provide structure and balance and appropriate league of play.
- Press the “Register” button at the bottom of page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions; Login if you are a previous Bayside RFC member or create a new account if new to Bayside.
- You will receive a confirmation email with further program details once registration(s) has completed successfully.
- All players are placed on teams. If you have a team of 12 players assembled, please contact the divisional director with the list of players full names. All players still need to register individually as outlined above. Teams are max 12 players each with a max of 4 teams in each league. If a team has less than 12 players there may be players added to balance numbers.
- 7 Leagues – 10 weeks: Elite Competitive Coed, Social Coed (17+), U19 Girls, U16 Girls, U17 Boys, U15 Boys, Minis Coed (U6-U12)
- Final league schedules will be posted as team numbers are finalized.
- This fully sanctioned program is required to follow Phase 3 Covid Government protocols. Measures and processes are in place for players and volunteer safety. Adherence to these protocols is required in order to participate.
Draft Schedule located here: